Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thing 13

Who thinks up all these terms? Blogs, wikkis, tags, mashups? It is a whole new language. Right now trying to remember what each is without looking it up is tough. I get blogs because this is our reporting mechanism for this class. I think tagging will be wonderful. I can't tell you how many sites I have listed as favorites and then I wonder what I wanted them for. The other down side of the favorites is when you lose your hard drive and you lose all of your favs. It will be nice to put them on a web site to keep track of them. I am looking forward to spending some time on delicious and tagging away.

2 comments:

  1. You gotta love the buzzwords in technology-land! It can be very confusing when you are just starting out.... but trust me, it gets easier as you move through your journey with Web 2.0! I found myself getting lost in the world of Web 2.0 sites while working in Delicious! I hope you find a lot of good content!!

    PS I found that I have to set a timer or else I will waste too much time surfing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The timer is a great idea. I often get caught up in surfing.

    ReplyDelete