I put a gadget on my blog. I now see where people find some of the pictures I get from emails about cute animals etc. Where do people find the time to search all of this stuff? I could literally spend hours doing this. I found one of the sites I get recipes from that could be a gadget as well. I did the rainbow pictures to keep my OZ theme going.
I know that many students use facebook and social networking sites. I also understand that I am from the "old school" but I do have a facebook account. I think young people need to be very careful about what they post. I don't think they realize how far these pictures they post can go. I am all for sharing pictures but when they display pictures of themselves doing illegal or inappropriate activites I think they have crossed the line. I also realize that what is over the line to me doesn't even phase many of our youth. Honestly, when I read some of the comments people post on facebook, I often think to myslef, why would I care that you just took a shower or you just finished doing your laundry. I guess I have too many papers to grade and school related things to do to post my every action. I do think you lose a great deal of personal interaction with web communication. I like to read people's expressions or listen to their tone of voice and that can be easily mistaken online. Okay, I'll stop rambling and move on to Thing 13.....
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"I don't think they realize how far these pictures they post can go." That's an important point. Students don't realize that what they post online becomes part of what is being called their new "permanent record." Colleges and employers are regularly searching the web for information about potential students or employees. We need to help our students realize the importance of posting information that will positively promote them.
ReplyDelete