As I reflect on my journey of 23 Things, I am amazed at all of the "Things" I learned. I started this class in the winter and didn't finish. I wanted to finish, but had a huge time set back with two major issues with my computer so I decided to try it again. Actually it was good for me to re-do the first things as it just helped me move along as I had done them previously. Some of my frustrations were alleviated this time. Of course, there were new ones, but all in all I enjoyed it and feel like I have a deeper understanding of Web 2.0. am so excited to use my collaboration Wiki. I love delicious and will frequent it a lot. I am so pleased to learn how to embed video into presentations and plan to do just that.
I love the Web 2.0 possibilities. I think about how quickly things change and how technology advanceds faster than the speed of light, and wonder how will I ever keep up to date with all of this. So I am hoping that RESA will continue to offer such valuable classes. Honestly, I have been working with "things" my 25 and 28 year old children have no clue about. That made me feel oaky!
I also must tell you that the last video embed by Michael Wesch on Digital Ethnography was enlightening for me. As I was watching it, I kept seeing in the tool bar the mascot for KSU, the purple powercat, (which is where I received my undergraduate degree). I was trying to figure out if this video was connected with KSU somehow and at the end where the credits were listed, sure enough, Kansas State University. I was so excited to see that.
I take with me many great experiences and enough knowledge to be dangerous. I am keeping up with my blog just because it was fun and I can refer back to what I have done. I also madea notebook of 23 things and filed all my notes under each thing so I can refer back as needed. Thank you for offering such a valuable class. I think we as educators must sty in touch with technology and use it when we can in our classrooms to engage students. This is how they operate. I think Web 2.0 generates some new issues that were mentioned in the video clip in Thing 23. Thank you for letting me finish this course. I was so upset that I didn't get it done in the winter session. Again, I look forward to more technology classes from RESA.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on completing the course and Go, Willie Wildcat!
ReplyDeleteWe're so glad you returned to the class and have enjoyed reading your posts. We hope you'll keep using these tools and coming back to the 23 Things site when you need a "refresher." Nice job!