Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thing 21 Thoughts about Wikis
Who knew there were so many wikis out there and all the possibilities.. I loved one that compared the two hemispheres and two different schools corresponded an took pictures talking about the differences between the northern and southern hemispheres. The one I really was inspired by was: http://arborheights.wikispaces.com/ This was a school wide wiki but different classes and teachers had their own posts. They had a great deal of information on the wiki and it is interactive so dates can be changed at any time by anyone who need to edit something. It was inspiring because I could visualize a class wiki where students could make study guides, post notes, do group projects, etc. I think you would be wise to control who could edit the wiki. I think it would need to be monitored and you would really have to discuss appropriate posts etc. Another wiki that I saw was a collaboration of assignments from students. There were some incredible entries on that wiki. They were very professional. I think it might be an interesting experience to try. Making sure entries were accuarate and appropriate might be time consuming and teachig students how to navigate the wiki would take some time. I think I would most likey need to check with administration and make sure to follow any district requirements but I think it would be worth a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment