Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing 22

Ny new wiki is:  http://pcepctewiki.wikispaces.com/
I developed this wiki for my collaboration team which meets about three times a month.  I embedded a calendar and a discussion section.  I have invited all of my team members to join.  (Right now they are most likely wondering what I have done now), but I see this as a valuable tool for us.  I am excited to explain how it works and have them begin using it. This particular thing took me a long time.  I had a difficult time getting the calendar embedded until I realized my enable cookies was off - then when I fixed that, life became much less frustrating.  I like the wiki for my collaboration team as all will be able to edit, add and discuss and will be more efficient than cc'ing  and forwarding tons of emails.  I like blogs because no one else can edit but they can add comments and not change your work.  You can control who sees either of them which is good.  I think each has their place and you have to decide how you will use it and how you want your viewers to be able to use it as well.     For example, I wouldn't use a wiki to provide parents with class information or students with assignment information because I wouldn't want it to have the editing capacity. I like the idea of a blog for students to comments on topics and share their ideas.  I would use wikis for group projects since they could all work from home and still be able to work together.  I would never have dreamed I could figure out a wiki.  I am pleased with my accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment