Well this was a great experience. I created an acct on flashcard db. I created a set of flashcards of terms my students need to know for one of the foods classes I am teaching this fall. I actually played with it. Students can take quizzes, study. It is awesome. I created this set for them, but they could actually create their own so they could study. I think they might be more apt to study on the computer than with an actual set of flash cards. It is certainly worth the try. I also belileve they would be studying while they create. I am hoping that by doing one set for them and showing them how it is used, they might be more apt to try it again in the future. This was a great find.
Also played with 30 boxes because the title intrigued me. This is a calendar site which can remind you of birthdays, schedules, etc. It was easy to use and will send reminders out via email messages. If you get your email on your phone or check it daily, this could be very helpful. Outlook will do somethig very similar if you use outlook. I did like that it will print a calendar by the week or by the month for you. I want to go back and play with bubbl.us as I think this woul be a great help in working with students. It was about concept mapping and free to use. I will be exploring this one as well, just need to move on with 23 things. Great assignment. I know I will use this a lot.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment