Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thing 12 revisited

I added my widget.  That was fun.  I can see how you could add interest to blogs, presentations, etc. with widgets.  There are some very fun things out there.  Who can possibly figure all this out?  It is mind boggling to me.  Actually I think embedding video is easier than downloading and uploading.  I belong to facebook and have been able to reconnect with some old cronies from high school - man do they look old!  Funny how we don't see ourselves aging.  Honestly, I must say that online relationships scare me to death.  If I know the person I am commenting or writing to that is one thing.  If I am just in a chat room talking - no way.  There are so many predators out there and who knows who you are talking to.  Kids today are so saavy with technology and I know they have all the newest gadgets out there.  I do think it is good to use the technology available and teach them how to be safe with it.  I thought my generation wanted to get things fast, this one has us beat.  They don't want to wait for anything. I also think texting and tweeting is an example of this instant need.  Call me old fashioned but I still like talking directly to people, be it face to face or over the phone.  I think we need to communicate by listening to one another. Technology is great but we need to remember to make those human connections.            

No comments:

Post a Comment